What is your response in times of trouble? Do you let the Lord help you? Do you seek Him first? Or do you go straight to your phone can repeat everything bad to all your friends and take their advice?
I say this in love, but before you are willing to take another person’s advice on any situation you need to first ask of and seek the Lord. If someone is trying to give you advice, before you listen to what it is, you need to respectfully ask them when was the last time you read your bible? If the answer isn't “today” you need to seriously reconsider if you should be taking their advice at all.
You need Godly advice, wisdom, leadership, and discernment. You don’t need a mixture of worldly and biblical advice, that will only lead to death, destruction, and your downfall. Always first, seek and ask the Lord.
Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my impenetrable Shield; my heart trust in, relies on and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped, therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and wet my song will I praise Him."
Psalm 34:15-17 "The eyes of the Lord are toward the uncompromisingly righteous and His ears are open to their cry. The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. When the righteous cry for help the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles."
Psalm 50:22 "Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. "
Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail)."
Psalm 94: 17-19 Unless the Lord had been my help, I would soon have dwelt in [the land where there is] silence. When I said, My foot is slipping, Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, held me up. In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul!”
Maybe you are going through depression, disappoint, hurt, failure, lack, oppression, fear, sickness or disease or maybe enemies are surrounding you and you don't see a way out — I encourage you to do what David did.
Psalm 143 - A Psalm of David
“Hear my prayer, O Lord;
listen to my plea!
Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
2Don’t put your servant on trial,
for no one is innocent before you.
3My enemy has chased me.
He has knocked me to the ground
and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.
4I am losing all hope;
I am paralyzed with fear.
5I remember the days of old.
I ponder all your great works
and think about what you have done.
6I lift my hands to you in prayer.
I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
7Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
for my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me,
or I will die.
8Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you.
9Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
I run to you to hide me.
10Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing.
11For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
12In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
and destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.”
David prays to God honestly and truthfully, he praises God, He trusts God, and David completely hands over his entire inner being to the Lord (8) — ask God into your situation! He is always just and faithful and true to save you. He only wants what is best for you and He has a good plan for you. You can trust Him completely.
When I was going through difficult times and depression —God was there for me, He upheld me, He carried me through, He gave me extra grace and strength, He gave me His angel armies, He protected me, He preserved my life and He is the only reason I am here and still standing today.
Remember, everything has to bow its knee to Jesus. Fill your atmosphere at home with the name of Jesus. Play worship music.
You must be in charge of your atmosphere. Speak forth scripture. Be in the Bible. Listen to faith-filled messages. Go to bed early. Rise early and seek His face like never before.
Eliminate distractions. Get rid of fear. Face what you need to face head-on. Do not be afraid. God is with you everywhere you go.
PS 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble.
Psalm 124:8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 91
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
3For he will rescue you from every trap
and protect you from deadly disease.
4He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you.
8Just open your eyes,
and see how the wicked are punished.
9If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
12They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
14The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
15When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”
Psalm 23
“The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
2He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
3He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
4Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
5You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
6Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.”
Read Psalms and Proverbs aloud— it provides smooth and cooly ointment to a dry and itchy soul in pain.
Remember and take courage, the Lord is your help in times of trouble!
Related Podcast:
Comments
Post a Comment